Haynes Auto Body

The Haynes Auto body shop was moved to Kokomo, Indiana in 1892.  Haynes was considered a “pioneer” of the automotive industry innovating numerous materials and mechanisms, particularly known for creating an engine that was “push started” rather than using a crank, and was capable of speeds of up to 8mph.  Elwood Haynes donated his first creation, the “Haynes automobile” (built in 1894) to the Smithsonian Collection in 1910.

 

[nggallery id=17]